Winter Events

Winter is usually a quiet time and I'm able to catch up on things (like this blog). But it's been a busy start to a new year and I'm already feeling a little behind. Local cheeses have never looked more beautiful though. So, I thought I'd share a few shots of recent events and projects I've been involved with.

In January, I was delighted to provide local cheeses and FarmCrisp crackers for Trinity Cathedral's annual Medieval Feast. For this year's Downton Abbey themed event, I presented an entire wheel of Kokoborrego's Headwaters Tomme for a ceremonial cheese "cracking" as well as Mayfield Road Creamery's Bloomfield and Yellow House Cheese's Wooster Pike Blue. Guests enjoyed cheese perfectly paired with sherry. Lovely.

January also brought a fun shopping event hosted by Luna Bakery Cafe with beautiful jewelry by Bidwell Designs, Luna treats -- and wine and cheese, of course. 

February is the season for Lake Erie Creamery's beautiful hearts of chèvre. Three flavors include Heartbreaker (raspberry- chocolate), Sweetheart (strawberry-lemon), and Fleur de Coeur (rose-lavender). They will be available for the next week or two but that's all. So don't delay or you'll have to wait until next year. 

I've introduced a new flavor of FarmCrisp that pairs perfectly with the Sweetheart and Heartbreaker. The Cocoa crisp is made from a blend of local spelt and wheat and kissed with a little sea salt and raw sugar. 

I absolutely love creating cheese boards to show off the incredible creations of our local cheesemakers. Lately, I've been obsessed with these round platters lately abundantly filled with cheeses, nuts and winter fruits. 

All the cheeses I mention here are available for retail sale at Luna Bakery Cafe in Cleveland Heights. Made-to-order cheese boards are also available by special order for your next event. Just give me a call.