Early Spring Pastimes







































Spring is here.

There are buds and blossoms. And we've had lots of crisp, clear, unshaded sun to green things up.

But our backdrop still has entirely too much brown and gray. Perhaps that's why I've been so pre-occupied with fresh, colorful things lately (or, maybe I'm just a colorful person).

Anyway, this list of recent obsessions is a good one. So, I thought I'd share some of these early spring pastimes.


What does color taste like?

Fika: The Art of the Swedish Coffee Table by Anna Bronnes with charming illustrations by the Johanna Kindvall

Jewelry made from fresh succulents by Twig Floral

Hellebore and Gooseberry blossoms (see above photo), the very first blossoms in my garden

Rhubarb and Cardamom

This Pickled Shrimp recipe from Gabrielle Hamilton that I found here and in her latest book, Prune

Writing that's full of beauty and color like the bittersweet, folkloric tale of The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey

And these boots, which I may need to buy very soon...