Spring Cheese Tasting at Four and Twenty Mercantile


I thought I'd share a few snapshots of the Spring cheese tasting I co-hosted last week with Four and Twenty Mercantile in Cleveland Heights.

As we were setting up, I was reminded of how much I enjoy working with such beautiful local products. The opportunity to share them is always enjoyable but every once in a while I have the chance to really show them off on the beautiful stage that they deserve -- and that's really fun! It was such a blast playing with Four and Twenty's eclectic collection of home furnishings, tableware and linens that I even coined a new term for what I do -- cheese-scaping.

Our amazing Ohio cheeses taste wonderful on their own but for this celebration of spring (which seems to need a little nudging this year), I decided to gild the lilly a bit and incorporate cheese into a few light seasonal appetizers to share as well. There was Bloomfield brie stuffed with dried stone fruit and savory rhubarb and spring onion tarts with black pepper feta. I also piped a few cucumber cups with Lake Erie's lemon-flavored chèvre and spring radishes with Laurel Valley's Cloverton and topped them off with sunflower sprouts and sea salt. I'll try to share a few of these recipes in upcoming posts.

So, here's the view of our fabulous spring cheese-scape. If you missed this event, stay tuned. We're working on a few more seasonal collaborations I think you'll enjoy. I'll be sharing details soon.

And you can stop in and visit Four and Twenty Mercantile anytime. They're located at 12433 Cedar Road (right next door to the Howard Hanna office) in the Cedar-Fairmount neighborhood of Cleveland Heights. Hours are 11am to 7pm Tue-Sun. And there's plenty of parking around back.


The Four and Twenty Mercantile crew.

Seasonal rhubarb & Lake Erie Creamery chèvre macarons created especially for us by Luna Bakery Cafe.

Crostini with Lake Erie Pearls & Laurel Valley Creamery's Jersey Drover with Rhubarb-Kumkuat conserve.

The spring scene at Four and Twenty Mercantile.

A delectable duo from Lake Erie Creamery: Croquis and Blomma.

Gorgeous jewelry crafted by Wanderlust Jewelers right here in Cleveland Heights.