TWEET-TO-TABLE

This meal is inspired by a tweet.

To be more specific it was this tweet from the Brave Horse Tavern, a member of the growing Tom Douglas restaurant family and a place I have yet to visit, in my former home and all-time favorite city of Seattle.


It looked so good I was tempted to make it for breakfast but I'm holding off until this weekend.

And I plan to take a few liberties. Surprise, surprise! Recipes are only guides, right? My version will take advantage of my homemade apricot jam, fresh basil and wild arugula from the garden, locally raised Miller Livestock bacon and pork patty (rather than beef), all stacked between fresh-baked challah buns from On the Rise.

Can't wait to try the original on my next Pacific Northwest visit. But thank you, Brave Horse Tavern and Twitter for inspiring what promises to me a delicious meal. And who says Twitter isn't productive? Having a plan for my weekend cooking by 8am in the morning is quite efficient, I think.